The International Journal of Behavioral Sciences (IJBS) (ISSN: 2322-1194) accepts manuscripts reporting novel findings, which could result in impacts on psychology and behavioral sciences. The quality and topic of submitted manuscript besides the priority of research field are the least considered criteria in each manuscript before going through the formal review process. Any type of submissions containing scientific information necessitates review process to ensure content quality.
A technical editor checks the format and style of manuscript prior to review process to assure its compatibility with IJBS’s guidelines for authors. Checking compatibility continues in the entire review process and publication. In cases when the authors have not considered the guidelines, the manuscript will be sent back to the authors for compatibility. Each submitted manuscript will be considered by the editor-in-chief or one of the associate editors in the editorial board. If it meets the minimum criteria to be included in the review process, one of the editors (topic expert) selects at least two external reviewers for a detailed evaluation process. Selection of reviewers is based on their scientific background and experience, previous works, authors’ suggestion, and expertise. Reviewers promise to undertake the confidentiality of materials previous to ePublication. In the review process of the IJBS, reviewers stay anonymous and authors’ names are not declared to reviewers. Also, authors could suggest reviewers for their manuscript.
The editor receives the reviewers’ comments and sends them along with decision letter to the corresponding author. Final decision on each manuscript will be made by the assigned editor of the manuscript. As IJBS is a rapid response journal, so this process takes no more than three weeks. The decision letter determines the status of the manuscript in five ways:
1. Acceptance: The manuscript could be ePublished. This process lasts two weeks. Before ePublication, the corresponding author could verify a proof copy of the paper. After ePublication, the paper will be in a queue to be published in one of IJBS upcoming issues.
2. Minor revises: Authors will receive comments upon their manuscript, at which point the authors will be asked to submit a revised copy beside a cover letter showing authors’ rejoinders, and also a marked copy Microsoft Word Documents. The revised manuscript should be submitted in one month after decision letter. Otherwise, authors need to go through a re-submission process.
3. Major revises: It means a chance to reorganize the manuscript to meet the required scientific criteria for another review process. Authors should pay more attention to reviewers’ comments and focus on their highlighted points. Editor may/may not request the authors to resubmit their revised manuscript beside cover letter and a marked copy. The revised manuscript should be submitted in one month after decision letter. Otherwise, authors need to go through a re-submission process.
4. Reject: In most cases, methodological and scientific concerns are the main origins of rejection. Causes of rejection will be sent to the authors to provide more chance for them for publication in other journals.
5. Withdraw: If the manuscript does not meet the scopes of IJBS, it will be withdrawn with suggestion to be sent to another journal.
IJBS may invite prominent experts to submit editorials or review papers in special topics, which will be reviewed by editors only. Also commentaries may pass the same way in the review process. In cases that concerns arise during the reviewing process about statistical test, methodology or techniques applied in research, the editor may request independent internal/external experts to comment before final decisions.
As the final point, we strongly suggest authors to observe research and publication ethics in their manuscript, as reporting of any unethical issue during steps of review may lead to the rejection of the work by IJBS. Also, the authors should consider that they are in charge of all materials (scientific and ethical) that they provide in their articles.
All of editors and reviewers of IJBS do their utmost to keep the quality of disseminated scientific works to ensure the solid impact of papers on psychology and behavioral sciences fields. In IJBS, the review process lasts maximum one month.