1. Barnard KD, Lloyd CE, Holt RI. Psychological burden of diabetes and what it means to people with diabetes. Psychology and Diabetes Care: Springer; 2012. p. 1-22.
2. World Health Organization. The Top 10 Causes of Death. (Accessed Dec 1 2012). http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en /index.html.
3. Skandarian R, Rashidipour A, Ghorbani R, Malek M. Epidemiology of diabetes and impaired fasting glucose in adults of Semnan province. Iranian Journal of Diabetes & Lipid, Summer. 2009;8(4):375-82.(In Persian).
4. Feldman DB, Kubota M. Hope, self-efficacy, optimism, and academic achievement: Distinguishing constructs and levels of specificity in predicting college grade-point average. Learning and Individual Differences. 2015;37:210-6.
5. Du H, Bernardo AB, Yeung SS. Locus-of-hope and life satisfaction: The mediating roles of personal self-esteem and relational self-esteem. Personality and Individual Differences. 2015;83:228-33.
6. Luhmann M, Necka EA, Schönbrodt FD, Hawkley LC. Is valuing happiness associated with lower well-being? A factor-level analysis using the Valuing Happiness Scale. Journal of research in personality. 2016;60:46-50.
7. Mathew J, Dunning C, Coats C, Whelan T. The mediating influence of hope on multidimensional perfectionism and depression. Personality and Individual Differences. 2014;70:66-71.
8. Ghezelseflo M, Esbati M. Effectiveness of Hope-Oriented Group Therapy on Improving Quality of Life in HIV+ Male Patients. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2013;84:534-7.(In Persian).
9. Benzein EG, Berg AC. The level of and relation between hope, hopelessness and fatigue in patients and family members in palliative care. Palliative medicine. 2005;19(3):234-40.
10. Kim Y, Evangelista LS. Relationship between illness perceptions, treatment adherence, and clinical outcomes in patients on maintenance hemodialysis. Nephrology nursing journal: journal of the American Nephrology Nurses' Association. 2010;37(3):281-271.
11. Kar A. Positive psychology: science of happiness and human’s capabilities. Translated by: Pasha Sharifi Tehran: Sokhan. 2008.
12. Neff KD, Kirkpatrick KL, Rude SS. Self-compassion and adaptive psychological functioning. Journal of research in personality. 2007;41(1):139-54.
13. Tang Y-Y, Tang R, Posner MI. Mindfulness meditation improves emotion regulation and reduces drug abuse. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2016;163:S13-S8.
14. Raes F. Rumination and worry as mediators of the relationship between self-compassion and depression and anxiety. Personality and Individual Differences. 2010;48(6):757-61.
15. Irons C, Lad S. Using compassion focused therapy to work with shame and self-criticism in complex trauma. Australian Clinical Psychologist. 2017;3(1):54-47.
16. Riegel B, Jaarsma T, Strömberg A. A middle-range theory of self-care of chronic illness. Advances in Nursing Science. 2012;35(3):194-204.
17. Habibzade H, Davarpanah M, Khalkhali H. The study of the effect of orem self care model on self efficacy in hemodialysis patients in urmia medical science hospitals during 2011. Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Urmia University of Medical Sciences. 2012;10(2):199-190.(In Persian).
18. Neff KD, Vonk R. Self‐compassion versus global self‐esteem: Two different ways of relating to oneself. Journal of personality. 2009;77(1):23-50.
19. Pace TW, Negi LT, Adame DD, Cole SP, Sivilli TI, Brown TD, et al. Effect of compassion meditation on neuroendocrine, innate immune and behavioral responses to psychosocial stress. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2009;34(1):98-87.
20. Sirois FM, Kitner R, Hirsch JK. Self-compassion, affect, and health-promoting behaviors. Health Psychology. 2015;34(6):661.
21. Diedrich A, Grant M, Hofmann SG, Hiller W, Berking M. Self-compassion as an emotion regulation strategy in major depressive disorder. Behaviour research and therapy. 2014;58:43-51.
22.Collins RN, Gilligan LJ, Poz R. The evaluation of a compassion-focused therapy group for couples experiencing a dementia diagnosis. Clinical gerontologist. 2018;41(5):474-86.
23. Shahar B, Szepsenwol O, Zilcha‐Mano S, Haim N, Zamir O, Levi‐Yeshuvi S, et al. A wait‐list randomized controlled trial of loving‐kindness meditation programme for self‐criticism. Clinical psychology & psychotherapy. 2015;22(4):346-56.
24. Taher-Karami Z, Hossieni O, Dasht-Bozorgi Z. The Effectiveness of Compassion-Focused Therapy on Resiliency, Self-discrepancy, Hope and Psychological Well-being of Menopausal Women in Ahvaz. Community Health (Salāmat-i ijtimāī). 2018;5(2):189-97.(In Persian).
25.F Z. Effectiveness of compassion-focused therapy in the treatment of depression and blood glucose control in patients with type 2 diabetes 2014. 2014.(In Persian)
26.Golpour R, Abolghasemi A, Ahadi B, Narimani M. The effectiveness of cognitive self-compassion training and emotion-focused therapy on quality of life with depression disorder. Journal of clinical psychology. 2014;6:53-64.(In Persian).
27. Farokhzadian Aa, Mirderekvand F. The Effectiveness of Self-Compassion Focused Therapy on Increase of Psychological Well-Being and Reduction of Depression in the Elderly. Journal of Aging Psychology. 2018;3(4):293-302.(In Persian).
28. Hosseini S. Relationship of hope and psychological hardiness in male and female students: MSc. thesis]. Gachsaran: Islamic Azad University; 2006.(In Persian).
29. Gilbert P. Introducing compassion-focused therapy. Advances in psychiatric treatment. 2009;15(3):208-199.
30. Rajaee AR. Comparison of Effectiveness of Dynamic-Supportive Psychotherapy and Pharmacotherapy on Type 2 Diabetes Patients’ Depression. QHMS. 2018;24(2):139-45.(In Persian).
31. Shirkavand N, Gholami HS, Arab SZ, Ashoori J. The impact of life skills training on happiness and hopefulness among patients with type ii diabetes. Journal Of Diabetes Nursing. 2015;3:19-8.(In Persian).
32. Kamaleddin R. Effectiveness of Group Therapy on Depression and Quality of Life in Patients with Type II Diabetes: University of Esfahan; 2011.(In Persian).
33. Rasoolifar R. The Effectiveness of Group Counseling with Omid Therapy Approach on Quality of Life in Diabetic Patients in Abadeh: Azad University of Marvdasht; 2013.(In Persian).
34. Samadi fard H. The role of source of disease control and self-sufficiency in predicting hope for diabetic patients. The 5th International Conference on Psychology and Social Sciences 2016.(In Persian).
35. Mehmet A, Rozien M. You've got to have hope: Studies show" hope therapy" fights depression. Atlanta: News RX. 2009:73-68.
36. Groopman J. The Anatomy of Hope. The Permanente Journal. 2004;8(2):43-7.
37.Snyder C, Rand K. Hopelessness and health. In: Anderson N, editor. Encyclopedia of health and behavior. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage; 2005.