1. Haley WE, Larson DG, Kasl-Godley J, Neimeyer RA, Kwilosz DM. Roles for Psychologists in End-of-Life Care: Emerging Models of Practice. Prof Psychol Res Pract. 2003;34(6):626–33.
2. Efficace F, Marrone R. Spiritual issues and quality of life assessment in cancer care. Death Stud. 2002;26(9):743–56.
3. Kelly B, McClement S, Chochinov HM. Measurement of psychological distress in palliative care. Palliat Med. 2006;20(8):779–89
4. Loetz C, Müller J, Frick E, Petersen Y, Hvidt NC, Mauer C. Attachment theory and spirituality: Two threads converging in palliative care? Evidence-based Complement Altern Med. 2013;2013.
5. Bowlby J. Attachment and loss. Vol. 2: Separation: anxiety and anger. New York, NY: Basic Books. 1973.
6. Bowlby J. Attachment and Loss. Vol. 3: Loss, Sadness and Depression. New York: Basic Books. 1980.
7. Fonagy P. Attachment, the development of the self, and its pathology in personality disorders. In: J. Derksen & CM, editor. Treatment of Personality Disorders. New York: Kluwer.; 1999. p. 53–68.
8. George C, Kaplan N, Main M. Adult Attachment Interview. Unpublished manuscript, Berkeley, CA: University of California. 1985.
9. Martin A, Buchheim A, Berger U, Strauss B. The impact of attachment organization on potential countertransference reactions. Psychother Res. 2007;17(1):46–58.
10. Holmes J. John Bowlby and attachment theory. Routledge; 244 p
11. Mercer J. Understanding attachment : parenting, child care, and emotional development. Praeger Publishers; 2006. 193 p.
12. Ogden J. Health psychology. McGraw-Hill; 2012. 565 p.
13. Cohen LM, McChargue DE, Collins FL. The health psychology handbook : practical issues for the behavioral medicine specialist. Sage Publications; 2003. 592 p.
14. Porter LS, Keefe FJ, Davis D, Rumble M, Scipio C, Garst J. Attachment styles in patients with lung cancer and their spouses: associations with patient and spouse adjustment. Support Care Cancer. 2012;20(10):2459–66.
15. Jaremka LM, Glaser R, Loving TJ, Malarkey WB, Stowell JR, Kiecolt-Glaser JK. Attachment Anxiety Is Linked to Alterations in Cortisol Production and Cellular Immunity. Psychol Sci. 2013;24(3):272–9.
16. Fagundes CP, Jaremka LM, Glaser R, Alfano CM, Povoski SP, Lipari AM, et al. Attachment anxiety is related to Epstein-Barr virus latency. Brain Behav Immun. 2014;41(1):232–8.
17. Simpson JA. Influence of attachment styles on romantic relationships. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1990;59(5):971–80.
18. Miovic M, Block S. Psychiatric disorders in advanced cancer. Cancer. 2007;110(8):1665–76
19. Gunderson JG. The borderline patient’s intolerance of aloneness: insecure attachments and therapist availability. Am J Psychiatry. 1996;153(6):752–8.
20. Levy KN, Blatt SJ. Attachment theory and psychoanalysis: Further differentiation within insecure attachment patterns. Psychoanal Inq. 1999;19(4):541–75.
21. Pietromonaco PR, Uchino B, Dunkel Schetter C. Close relationship processes and health: Implications of attachment theory for health and disease. Heal Psychol. 2013;32(5):499–513.
22. Schmaling KB, Sher TG. The psychology of couples and illness: Theory, research, and practice. Washington: American Psychological Association; 2000.
23. Hooper LM, Tomek S, Newman CR. Using attachment theory in medical settings: implications for primary care physicians. J Ment Heal. 2012;21(1):23–37.
24. Fagundes CP, Jaremka LM, Malarkey WB, Kiecolt-Glaser JK. Attachment style and respiratory sinus arrhythmia predict post-treatment quality of life in breast cancer survivors. Psychooncology. 2014;23(7):820–6.
25. Meredith P, Ownsworth T, Strong J. A review of the evidence linking adult attachment theory and chronic pain: Presenting a conceptual model. Clin Psychol Rev. 2008;28(3):407–29.
26. Romeo A, Tesio V, Castelnuovo G, Castelli L. Attachment Style and Chronic Pain: Toward an Interpersonal Model of Pain. Front Psychol. 2017;8:284.
27. Valikhani A, Firouzabadi A. Examining Death Anxiety within the Framework of Attachment Styles in Cancer Patients: A Comparative Study. Heal Psychol. 2016;5(18):119–40. (in Persian)
28. Curtis JR, Ciechanowski PS, Downey L, Gold J, Nielsen EL, Shannon SE, et al. Development and evaluation of an interprofessional communication intervention to improve family outcomes in the ICU. Contemp Clin Trials. 2012;33(6):1245–54.
29. Rodin G, Lo C, Mikulincer M, Donner A, Gagliese L, Zimmermann C. Pathways to distress: The multiple determinants of depression, hopelessness, and the desire for hastened death in metastatic cancer patients. Soc Sci Med. 2009;68(3):562–9.
30. Tan A, Zimmermann C, Rodin G. Interpersonal processes in palliative care: an attachment perspective on the patient-clinician relationship. Palliat Med. 2005;19(2):143–50.
31. Petersen Y, Koehler L. Application of attachment theory for psychological support in palliative medicine during the terminal phase. Gerontology. 2006;52(2):111–23.
32. Milberg A, Wåhlberg R, Jakobsson M, Olsson E-C, Olsson M, Friedrichsen M. What is a ‘secure base’ when death is approaching? A study applying attachment theory to adult patients’ and family members’ experiences of palliative home care. Psychooncology. 2012;21(8):886–95.
33. Adshead G. Psychiatric staff as attachment figures. Br J Psychiatry. 1998;172(01):64–9.
34. Thompson D, Ciechanowski PS. Attaching a new understanding to the patient-physician relationship in family practice. J Am Board Fam Pract. 2003;16(3):219–26.
35. Ciechanowski PS, Katon WJ, Russo JE, Walker EA. The Patient-Provider Relationship: Attachment Theory and Adherence to Treatment in Diabetes. Am J Psychiatry. 2001;158(1):29–35.
36. Main, M., Goldwyn, R., & Hesse E. Adult attachment scoring and classification systems. Berkeley; 2003.
37. Benoit D, Parker KC. Stability and transmission of attachment across three generations. Child Dev. 1994;65(5):1444–56.
38. van IJzendoorn MH. Adult attachment representations, parental responsiveness, and infant attachment: a meta-analysis on the predictive validity of the Adult Attachment Interview. Psychol Bull. 1995;117(3):387–403.
39. Cassidy J, Shaver PR. Handbook of attachment : theory, research, and clinical applications. 1068 p.
40. Lorito L, Scrima F. The content validity of the adult attachment interview: An empirical investigation using text analysis. TPM - Testing, Psychom Methodol Appl Psychol. 2011;18(4):243–55.
41. Holmes J. Exploring in security : towards an attachment-informed psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Routledge; 2010. 199 p.
42. Stolorow RD. Trauma and human existence : autobiographical, psychoanalytic, and philosophical reflections. Analytic Press; 2007. 62 p.
43. Andersen CM. The association between attachment and delay in the diagnosis of cancer in primary care. Aarhus University; 2015.