1. Heller S, Larrieu JA, D’Imperio R, Borisde NW. Research on
resilience to child maltreatment: empirical considerations. Child
Abuse Negl. 1999 Apr;23(4):321-38.
2. Stephenson R, Sheikhattari P, Assasi N, Eftekhar H, Zamani Q, Maleki
B, Kiabayan H. Child maltreatment among school children in the
Kurdistan Province, Iran. Child Abuse Negl. 2006 Mar 1;30(3):231-
3. Olson DH, Russell CS, Sprenkle DH. Circumplex model of marital
and family systems: Vl. Theoretical update. Family process. 1983
4. Abar B, Carter KL, Winsler A. The effects of maternal parenting style
and religious commitment on self-regulation, academic
achievement, and risk behavior among African-American parochial
college students. Journal of adolescence. 2009 Apr 1;32(2):259-73.
5. Conger KJ, Williams ST, Little WM, Masyn KE, Shebloski B.
Development of mastery during adolescence: The role of family
problem-solving. Journal of Health and Social Behavior. 2009
6. Sanders MR, Ralph A, Thompson R, Sofronoff K, Gardiner P, Bidwell
K, Dwyer S. Every Family: A public health approach to promoting
children’s wellbeing. Brisbane, Australia: University of
7. Baumrind D, Black AE. Socialization practices associated with
dimensions of competence in preschool boys and girls. Child
development. 1967 Jun 1:291-327.
8. Besharat MA, Azizi K, Poursharifi H. The relationship between
parenting styles and children's academic achievement in a sample of
Iranian families. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2011 Jan
9. Turner EA, Chandler M, Heffer RW. The influence of parenting styles,
achievement motivation, and self-efficacy on academic performance
in college students. J Coll Stud Dev. 2009;50(3):337-46.
10. Baumrind D. The influence of parenting style on adolescent
competence and substance use. J Early Adolesc. 1991 Feb;11(1):56-
11. Jahan A, Suri S. Parenting Style in Relation to Mental Health among
Female Adolescents. Abnormal and Behavioural Psychology.
12. Zarra-Nezhad M, Aunola K, Kiuru N, Mullola S, Moazami-Goodarzi
A. Parenting styles and children’s emotional development during the
first grade: The moderating role of child temperament. J Psychol
Psychother. 2015;5(5): 206. doi: 10.4172/2161-0487.1000206
13. Harris KM. The health status and risk behaviors of adolescents in
immigrant families. In D. J. Hernandez (Ed.), Children of
immigrants: Health, adjustment, and public assistance. Washington,
DC: National Academy Press; 2000. p. 286-347.
14. Jacobson KC, Crockett LJ. Parental monitoring and adolescent
adjustment: An ecological perspective. J Res Adolesc. 2000 Jan
15. Vanderfaeillie J, Van Holen F, Vanschoonlandt F, Robberechts M,
Stroobants T. Children placed in long-term family foster care: A
longitudinal study into the development of problem behavior and
associated factors. Child Youth Serv Rev. 2013 Apr 1;35(4):587-93.
16. Whittle S, Simmons JG, Dennison M, Vijayakumar N, Schwartz O,
Yap MB, Sheeber L, Allen NB. Positive parenting predicts the
development of adolescent brain structure: a longitudinal study. Dev
Cogn Neurosci. 2014 Apr 1;8:7-17.
17. Argys LM, Rees DI, Averett SL, Witoonchart B. Birth order and risky
adolescent behavior. Econ Inq. 2006 Apr;44(2):215-33.
18. Brown AM, Whiteside SP. Relations among perceived parental
rearing behaviors, attachment style, and worry in anxious children.
J Anxiety Disord. 2008 Jan 1;22(2):263-72.
19. Van Gastel W, Legerstee JS, Ferdinand RF. The role of perceived
Effects of "Thinking Child” Program
Int J Behav Sci Vol.12, No.2, Summer 2018 64
parenting in familial aggregation of anxiety disorders in children. J
Anxiety Disord. 2009 Jan 1;23(1):46-53.
20. Osborne LA, McHugh L, Saunders J, Reed P. The effect of parenting
behaviors on subsequent child behavior problems in autistic
spectrum conditions. Res Autism Spectr Disord. 2008 Apr
21. Moffitt TE. Life-course-persistent and adolescence-limited antisocial
behavior: a 10-year research review and a research agenda. 2003.
22. Shokoohi-Yekta M, Parand A. The Effectiveness of Instruction Based
on Cognitive Approach on Family Relationship. Family Research.
23. Shure MB. Preventing Violence the Problem-Solving Way. Juvenile
Justice Bulletin. 1999.
24. Kogos JL, Blumberg S, Youngstrom EA. Effectiveness of
interpersonal cognitive problem solving and changes in emotions.
annual meeting of the American Psychological Association; San
25. Richard BA, Dodge KA. Social maladjustment and problem solving
in school-aged children. J Consult Clin Psychol. 1982
26. Clarke AT. Coping with interpersonal stress and psychosocial health
among children and adolescents: A meta-analysis. J Youth Adolesc.
2006 Feb 1;35(1):10-23.
27. Connor-Smith JK, Compas BE, Wadsworth ME, Thomsen AH,
Saltzman H. Responses to stress in adolescence: measurement of
coping and involuntary stress responses. J Consult Clin Psychol.
28. Takahashi F, Koseki S, Shimada H. Developmental trends in
children's aggression and social problem-solving. Journal of Applied
Developmental Psychology. 2009 May 1;30(3):265-72.
29. Speckens AE, Hawton K. Social problem solving in adolescents with
suicidal behavior: A systematic review. Suicide Life Threat Behav.
2005 Aug 1;35(4):365-87.
30. McMurran M, Egan V, Richardson C, Ahmadi S. Social problem
solving in mentally disordered offenders: a brief report. Crim Behav
Ment Health. 1999 Nov;9(4):315-22.
31. Shure MB. How to think, not what to think: A cognitive approach to
prevention. In L. A. Bond & B. M. Wagner (Eds.), Families in
transition: Primary prevention programs that work. (pp. 170–199).
Newbury Park, California: CA: Sage; 1988.
32. Carson J. A problem with problem solving: Teaching thinking
without teaching knowledge. The mathematics educator.
33. Pellegrini DS. Social cognition and competence in middle childhood.
Child Dev. 1985 Feb 1:253-64.
34. Malouff JM, Thorsteinsson EB, Schutte NS. The efficacy of problem
solving therapy in reducing mental and physical health problems: a
meta-analysis. Clin Psychol Rev. 2007 Jan 1;27(1):46-57.
35. Shokoohi–Yekta M, Parand A, Ahmadi A. Effects of teaching
problem solving strategies to parents of pre-teens: a study of family
relationship. Procedia-Social Behavioral Sciences. 2011;15:957-60.
36. Faircloth WB, Schermerhorn AC, Mitchell PM, Cummings JS,
Cummings EM. Testing the long-term efficacy of a prevention
program for improving marital conflict in community families. J
Appl Dev Psychol. 2011;32(4):189-97.
37. Epstein T, Saltzman-Benaiah J. Parenting children with disruptive
behaviours: Evaluation of a collaborative problem solving pilot
program. Journal of Clinical Psychology Practice. 2010;1(1):27-40.
38. Edwards AM. Parent child interactions in physically abusive
families: uga; 2005.
39. Reid MJ, Webster-Stratton C, Hammond M. Enhancing a classroom
social competence and problem-solving curriculum by offering
parent training to families of moderate-to high-risk elementary
school children. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2007;36(4):605-20.
40. Shure MB, Digeronimo TF. Raising a thinking child workbook:
Teaching young children how to resolve everyday conflicts and get
along with others. Pennsylvania State University: Research Press;
41. Ahmadi K, Fathi Ashtiani A, Etemadi A. Effect of family problem
solving on decreasing couple's maladjustment. Iranian Journal of
42. Buri J. Parental authority questionnaire. J Pers Assess.
43. Esfandiari G. Comparison of mothers’ parenting styles of children
with behavioral problems and mothers with normal children
[Master's thesis]. Tehran: Islamic Azad University; 1995.
44. Meyers LS, Gamst G, Guarino AJ. Applied multivariate research:
Design and interpretation. Sage publications; 2016 Nov 22.
45. Minuchin S. Families and Family Therapy. Cambridge, USA:
Harvard University Press; 2009.
46. Letarte MJ, Normandeau S, Allard J. Effectiveness of a parent
training program “Incredible Years” in a child protection service.
Child Abuse Negl. 2010;34(4):253-61.
47. Rinaldi C, Howe N. Mothers’ and fathers’ parenting styles and
associations with toddlers’ externalizing, internalizing, and adaptive
behaviors. Early Child Res Q. 2012;27(2):266-73.
48. Baumrind D, Larzelere RE, Owens EB. Effects of Preschool Parents'
Power Assertive Patterns and Practices on Adolescent Development.
Parenting: Science and Practice. 2010;10(3):157-201.
49. Crockett LJ, Hayes R. Parenting Practices and Styles. In
Encyclopedia of Adolescence Vol 2 Elsevier Inc. 2011:241-8.
50. Gershoff E. Corporal punishment by parents and associated child
behaviors and experiences: A meta-analytic and theoretical review.
Psychol Bull. 2002;128(4):539-79.
51. Garcia F, Garcia E. Is always authoritative the optimum parenting
style? Evidence from Spanish families. Adolescence.
52. Schermerhorn AC, D'Onofrio BM, Slutske WS, Emery RE,
Turkheimer E, Harden KP, et al. Offspring ADHD as a Risk Factor
for Parental Marital Problems: Controls for Genetic and
Environmental Confounds. Twin Res Hum Genet. 2012;15(6):700-
53. Shokoohi-Yekta M, Parand A, Zamani N, Lotfi S, Ayazi M. Teaching
problem-solving for parents: effects on children’s misbehavior.
Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2011;30:163-6.
54. Forehand R, .Jones DJ, Parenta J. Behavioral parenting interventions
for child disruptive behaviors and anxiety: What's different and
what's the same. Clin Psychol Rev. 2013;33(1):133-45.