1. United Nations DoE, Social Affairs PD. World population
ageing 2013. New York: United Nations. 2013.
2. Momeni K, Amani R, Majzoobi M, Mohebi Z. The effectiveness
of structured group reminiscence on depression and self-esteem
of older women. International Journal of Behavioral Sciences.
2014;8(3):287-94. (In Persian).
3. Chokkanathan S. Resources, stressors and psychological distress
among older adults in Chennai, India. Social Science &
4. Graham JE, Christian LM, Kiecolt-Glaser JK. Stress, age, and
immune function: toward a lifespan approach. Journal of
behavioral medicine. 2006;29(4):389-400.
5. Yeung DY. Aging and psychological well-being. Encyclopedia
of Geropsychology. 2015:1-6.
6. Ryff CD, Singer BH. Best news yet on the six-factor model of
well-being. Social Science Research. 2006;35(4):1103-19.
7. Siedlecki KL, Salthouse TA, Oishi S, Jeswani S. The relationship
between social support and subjective well-being across age.
Social indicators research. 2014;117(2):561-76.
8. Neff K, Germer C. Self-Compassion and Psychological. The
Oxford Handbook of Compassion Science. 2017:371.
9. Ryff CD, Keyes CLM. The structure of psychological well-being
revisited. Journal of personality and social psychology.
10. Madhad karani Z, Elahi T, Fathi ashtiyani A. Explanation of
psychological well-being in students based on spirituality and
resiliency. International Journal of Behavioral Sciences.
2014;7(4):355-61. (In Persian).
11. Souri H, Hejazi E, Ejei J. The correlation of resiliency and
optimism with psychological well-being. International Journal of
Behavioral Sciences. 2013;7(3):271-7. (In Persian).
12. Kamp Dush CM, Taylor MG, Kroeger RA. Marital happiness
and psychological well‐ being across the life course. Family
13. Alhani F, Peyrovi H. The concept of health in elderly people: A
literature review. Iran Journal of Nursing. 2012;25(78):62-71.
14. Neff K. Self-compassion: An alternative conceptualization of a
healthy attitude toward oneself. Self and identity. 2003;2(2):85-
15. Allen AB, Leary MR. Self-compassionate responses to aging.
The Gerontologist. 2013;54(2):190-200.
16. Brown L, Bryant C, Brown V, Bei B, Judd F. Self-compassion,
attitudes to ageing and indicators of health and well-being among
midlife women. Aging & mental health. 2016;20(10):1035-43.
17. Allen AB, Goldwasser ER, Leary MR. Self-compassion and
well-being among older adults. Self and Identity.
18. Shabani R, Mahmoudi, G., Ghobari-bnnab, B., Emamipor, S.,
and Sepah Mansour, M. Prediction of psychological well-being
based on attachment styles and self-esteem in mothers of primary
school students of Urmia. Woman and Family Studies. 2016;8
(27): 73-94. (In Persian).
19. Ajam A A FJ, Shokohi Fard H. The Role of Self-Compassion in
the General Health and Academic Achievement of the Nursing
and Midwifery Students in Mashhad University of Medical
Sciences in 2014. JNE. 2016;5(5):9-16. (In Persian).
20. Shivendi K, Na’imi, A., and Farshad M. Presentation of a selfcompassion
and psychological well-being structural model with
self-esteem and body image mediator in female students of
Shiraz University. Clinical Psychology Studies.
2017;24(24):115-33. (In Persian).
21. Goldzweig G, Baider L, Andritsch E, Rottenberg Y. Hope and
social support in elderly patients with cancer and their partners:
an actor–partner interdependence model. Future Oncology.
22. Templer DI, Awadalla A, Al-Fayez G, Frazee J, Bassman L,
Connelly HJ, et al. Construction of a death anxiety scale–
extended. OMEGA-Journal of Death and Dying.
Predicting Psychological Well-being Based on Death Anxiety and Self-compassion in the Elderly
Int J Behav Sci Vol.12, No.1, Spring 2018 24
23. Moazi Nejad M. Relationship between age and meaning in life
with death anxiety in retired elderly men and women in Shiraz.
Psychology of Aging. 2016:37-47. (In Persian).
24. Soleimani MA, Lehto RH, Negarandeh R, Bahrami N, Nia HS.
Relationships between death anxiety and quality of life in Iranian
patients with cancer. Asia-Pacific journal of oncology nursing.
25. Shafaii M PM, Amini K, Pahlevan S. The relationship between
death anxiety and quality of life in hemodialysis patients. Hayat.
2017;22 (4):325-38. (In Persian).
26. Khaki S KZ, Farajzadeh M, Dalvand S, Moslemi B, Ghanei
Gheshlagh R. The relationship of depression and death anxiety
to the quality of life among the elderly population. Hayat.
2017;23 (2):152-61. (In Persian).
27. Missler M, Stroebe M, Geurtsen L, Mastenbroek M, Chmoun S,
Van Der Houwen K. Exploring death anxiety among elderly
people: A literature review and empirical investigation.
OMEGA-Journal of Death and Dying. 2012;64(4):357-79.
28. McKenzie EL, Brown PM, Mak AS, Chamberlain P. ‘Old and
ill’: death anxiety and coping strategies influencing health
professionals’ well-being and dementia care. Aging & mental
29. Maureen M. Mini-mental state examination. Galter Health
science’s library Last updated: June. 1999;6.
30. Foroughan M, Jafari, Z., Shirinbayan, P., and
Qaemmamfarahani, D. Introduction of a brief examination of the
cognitive status of the elderly in Tehran (2007). New
Developments in Cognitive Science. 2007;38 (10):29-37. (In
31. Khanjani M SS, Shahriar, Fath Abadi, Mazaheri, Shokri. Factor
Structure and Psychometric Properties of Short Form (18
questions) Ryff Psychological Well-Being Scale in Male and
Female Students. Thought and behavior in clinical psychology.
2014;8 (32):27-36. (In Persian).
32. Raes F, Pommier E, Neff KD, Van Gucht D. Construction and
factorial validation of a short form of the self‐ compassion scale.
Clinical psychology & psychotherapy. 2011;18(3):250-5.
33. Shahbazi M RG, Maghami E, Jolandari A. Confirmed Factor
Structure of the Persian Version of the Revised Degree of
Compassion-Rating in a group of prisoners. Quarterly Journal of
Psychological Methods and Models. 2015 6 (19):31-46. (In
34. Templer DI. The construction and validation of a death anxiety
scale. The Journal of general psychology. 1970;82(2):165-77.
35. Rajabi Gh bM. Factor Analysis of Death Anxiety Scale
Questions. Journal of Psychology. 2001;4(20):331- 44. (In
36. Tabachnick BG, Fidell LS. Principal components and factor
analysis. Using multivariate statistics. 2001;4:582-633.
37. Neff KD, Dahm KA. Self-compassion: What it is, what it does,
and how it relates to mindfulness. Handbook of mindfulness and
self-regulation: Springer; 2015. p. 121-37.
38. Solomon S, Greenberg J, Pyszczynski T. A terror management
theory of social behavior: The psychological functions of selfesteem
and cultural worldviews. Advances in experimental
social psychology. 24: Elsevier; 1991. p. 93-159.
39. Routledge C, Ostafin B, Juhl J, Sedikides C, Cathey C, Liao J.
Adjusting to death: the effects of mortality salience and selfesteem
on psychological well-being, growth motivation, and
maladaptive behavior. Journal of personality and social
40. Tomer A. Death anxiety in adult life—Theoretical perspectives.
Death Studies. 1992;16(6):475-506.
41. Neimeyer RA. Death anxiety handbook: Research,
instrumentation, and application: Taylor & Francis; 2015.
42. Gesser G, Wong PT, Reker GT. Death attitudes across the lifespan:
The development and validation of the Death Attitude
Profile (DAP). Omega-Journal of Death and Dying.