1. Kring AM, Sloan DM. Emotion regulation and psychopathology: A transdiagnostic approach to etiology and treatment: Guilford Press; 2009.
2. Gross JJ. The emerging field of emotion regulation: an integrative review. Review of general psychology. 1998;2(3):271.
3. Gross JJ, Thompson RA. Emotion regulation: Conceptual foundations. 2007.
4. Barrett LF, Ochsner KN, Gross JJ. On the automaticity of emotion. Social psychology and the unconscious: The automaticity of higher mental processes. 2007;173:217.
5. Gross JJ, Jazaieri H. Emotion, emotion regulation, and psychopathology an affective science perspective. Clinical Psychological Science. 2014;2(4):387-401.
6. Kring AM, Bachorowski J-A. Emotions and psychopathology. Cognition & Emotion. 1999;13(5):575-99.
7. Berenbaum H, Raghavan C, Le HN, Vernon LL, Gomez JJ. A taxonomy of emotional disturbances. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice. 2003;10(2):206-26.
8. Greenberg LS. Emotion-focused therapy: Coaching clients to work through their feelings: American Psychological Association; 2002.
9. Mennin DS, Fresco DM. Emotion regulation as an integrative framework for understanding and treating psychopathology. Emotion regulation and psychopathology: A transdiagnostic approach to etiology and treatment. 2009:356-79.
10. Nolen-Hoeksema S, Wisco BE, Lyubomirsky S. Rethinking rumination. Perspectives on psychological science. 2008;3(5):400-24.
11. Rottenberg J, Gross JJ, Gotlib IH. Emotion context insensitivity in major depressive disorder. Journal of abnormal psychology. 2005;114(4):627.
12. Johnson SL. Mania and dysregulation in goal pursuit: A review. Clinical psychology review. 2005;25(2):241-62.
13. Mennin DS, Holaway RM, Fresco DM, Moore MT, Heimberg RG. Delineating components of emotion and its dysregulation in anxiety and mood psychopathology. Behavior Therapy. 2007;38(3):284-302.
14. Kashdan TB, Breen WE. Social anxiety and positive emotions: A prospective examination of a self-regulatory model with tendencies to suppress or express emotions as a moderating variable. Behavior Therapy. 2008;39(1):1-12.
15. Lynch TR, Trost WT, Salsman N, Linehan MM. Dialectical behavior therapy for borderline personality disorder. Annu Rev Clin Psychol. 2007;3:181-205.
16. Bydlowski S, Corcos M, Jeammet P, Paterniti S, Berthoz S, Laurier C, et al. Emotion‐processing deficits in eating disorders. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2005;37(4):321-9.
17. Clyne C, Blampied NM. Training in emotion regulation as a treatment for binge eating: A preliminary study. Behaviour Change. 2004;21(04):269-81.
18. Polivy J, Herman CP. Causes of eating disorders. Annual review of psychology. 2002;53(1):187-213.
19. Fox H, Axelrod S, Paliwal P, Sleeper J, Sinha R. Difficulties in emotion regulation and impulse control during cocaine abstinence. Drug and alcohol dependence. 2007;89(2):298-301.
20. Sher KJ, Grekin ER. Alcohol and Affect Regulation. In: Gross JJ, editor. Handbook of emotion regulation. New York: Guilford Press; 2007. p. 560−80.
21. Gross JJ, Muñoz RF. Emotion regulation and mental health. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice. 1995;2(2):151-64.
22. Campbell-Sills L, Barlow DH. Incorporating emotion regulation into conceptualizations and treatments of anxiety and mood disorders. 2007.
23. Cole PM, Martin SE, Dennis TA. Emotion regulation as a scientific construct: Methodological challenges and directions for child development research. Child development. 2004;75(2):317-33.
24. Gratz KL, Roemer L. Multidimensional assessment of emotion regulation and dysregulation: Development, factor structure, and initial validation of the difficulties in emotion regulation scale. Journal of psychopathology and behavioral assessment. 2004;26(1):41-54.
25. Etkin A, Büchel C, Gross JJ. Emotion regulation involves both model-based and model-free processes. Nature Reviews Neuroscience. 2016.
26. Brackett MA, Salovey P. Measuring emotional intelligence with the Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT). 2004.
27. John OP, Gross JJ. Individual differences in emotion regulation. Handbook of emotion regulation. 2007:351-72.
28. Fernandez KC, Jazaieri H, Gross JJ. Emotion Regulation: A Transdiagnostic Perspective on a New RDoC Domain. Cognitive Therapy and Research. 2016;40(3):426-40.
29. Roemer L, Orsillo SM, Salters-Pedneault K. Efficacy of an acceptance-based behavior therapy for generalized anxiety disorder: evaluation in a randomized controlled trial. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology. 2008;76(6):1083.
30. Segal ZV, Williams JMG, Teasdale JD. Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for depression: A new approach to preventing relapse. New York: Guilford Press; 2002.
31. Linehan M. Cognitive-behavioral treatment of borderline personality disorder: Guilford Press; 1993.
32. Gross JJ. The extended process model of emotion regulation: Elaborations, applications, and future directions. Psychological Inquiry. 2015;26(1):130-7.
33. Demaree HA, Robinson JL, Pu J, Allen JJ. Strategies actually employed during response-focused emotion regulation research: Affective and physiological consequences. Cognition and Emotion. 2006;20(8):1248-60.
34. Egloff B, Schmukle SC, Burns LR, Schwerdtfeger A. Spontaneous emotion regulation during evaluated speaking tasks: associations with negative affect, anxiety expression, memory, and physiological responding. Emotion. 2006;6(3):356.
35. Folkman S, Moskowitz JT. Coping: Pitfalls and promise. Annu Rev Psychol. 2004;55:745-74.
36. Krompinger JW, Moser JS, Simons RF. Modulations of the electrophysiological response to pleasant stimuli by cognitive reappraisal. Emotion. 2008;8(1):132.
37. Diener E, Lucas RE, Scollon CN. Beyond the hedonic treadmill: revising the adaptation theory of well-being. American psychologist. 2006;61(4):305.
38. Perbandt K. Differential effects of incongruent anger expression on memory performance. Journal of Individual Differences. 2007;28(3):129-37.
39. Gross JJ, John OP. Individual differences in two emotion regulation processes: implications for affect, relationships, and well-being. Journal of personality and social psychology. 2003;85(2):348.
40. John OP, Gross JJ. Healthy and unhealthy emotion regulation: Personality processes, individual differences, and life span development. Journal of personality. 2004;72(6):1301-34.
41. Aldao A. Introduction to the special issue: Emotion regulation as a transdiagnostic process. Cognitive Therapy and Research. 2016;40(3):257-61.
42. Salovey P, Mayer JD, Goldman SL, Turvey C, Palfai TP. Emotional attention, clarity, and repair: Exploring emotional intelligence using the Trait Meta-Mood Scale. Emotion, disclosure, and health. 1995;125:154.
43. Trapnell PD, Campbell JD. Private self-consciousness and the five-factor model of personality: distinguishing rumination from reflection. Journal of personality and social psychology. 1999;76(2):284.
44. John OP, Srivastava S. The Big Five trait taxonomy: History, measurement, and theoretical perspectives. Handbook of personality: Theory and research. 1999;2(1999):102-38.
45. Watson D, Clark LA, Tellegen A. Development and validation of brief measures of positive and negative affect: the PANAS scales. Journal of personality and social psychology. 1988;54(6):1063.
46. Bakhshi Poor A, Dejkam M. The factor analysis of positive and negative affect scale (PANAS). Journal of Psychology. 2004;36:351-65.
47. Beck AT, Steer RA, Brown GK. Beck depression inventory-II. San Antonio, TX. 1996:78204-2498.
48. Ghassemzadeh H, Mojtabai R, Karamghadiri N, Ebrahimkhani N. Psychometric properties of a Persian‐language version of the Beck Depression Inventory‐Second edition: BDI‐II‐PERSIAN. Depression and anxiety. 2005;21(4):185-92.
49. Kaviani H, Mousavi A. Psychometric properties of the Persian version of Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI). Tehran University Medical Journal TUMS Publications. 2008;66(2):136-40.
50. Jöreskog KG, Sörbom D. LISREL 8.80 for Windows [Computer software]. Lincolnwood, IL: Scientific Software International. 2006.
51. Schermelleh-Engel K, Moosbrugger H, Müller H. Evaluating the fit of structural equation models: Tests of significance and descriptive goodness-of-fit measures. Methods of psychological research online. 2003;8(2):23-74.
52. Balzarotti S, John OP, Gross JJ. An Italian adaptation of the emotion regulation questionnaire. European Journal of Psychological Assessment. 2010.
53. Melka SE, Lancaster SL, Bryant AR, Rodriguez BF. Confirmatory factor and measurement invariance analyses of the emotion regulation questionnaire. Journal of clinical psychology. 2011;67(12):1283-93.