1. Glück J, Bluck S. Laypeople's conceptions of wisdom and its development: Cognitive and integrative views. Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 2011; 66(3), 321-324.
2. Myers DG. The funds, friends, and faith of happy people. American Psychologist, 2000; 55(1), 56-57.
3. Baltes PB, Gluck J, Kunzmann U. Wisdom: Its structure and function in regulating successful life span development. In Snyder CR, Lopez SL, editors. Handbook of Positive Psychology. New York: Oxford University Press; 2002.
4. Erikson EH. Identity. New York: Norton; 1968.
5. Webster JD. An exploratory analysis of a self-assessed wisdom scale. Journal of Adult Development, 2003; 10(1), 13-22.
6. Staudinger UM. The need to distinguish personal from general wisdom: A short history and empirical evidence. In Westrate NM, Ferrari M, editors. The Scientific Study of personal wisdom. Netherlands: Springer; 2013.
7. Sternberg RJ. A balance theory of wisdom. Review of General Psychology, 1998; 2(4), 347-365.
8. Bailey A, Russell KC. Psycho-Social Benefits of a Service-Learning Experience. Journal of Unconventional Parks, Tourism and Recreation Research, 2008; 1(1), 10-17.
9. Sternberg RJ. Older but not wiser? The relationship between age and wisdom. Ageing International, 2005; 30(1), 5-26.
10. Peterson C, Seligman ME. Character strengths and virtues: A handbook and classification (Vol. 1). New York: Oxford University Press; 2004.
11. Wright JC, Nadelhoffer T, Perini T, Langville A, Echols M, Venezia K. The psychological significance of humility. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 2017; 12(1), 3-12.
12. Aristotle. Nicomachean Ethics (2nd edition). Irwin T, (trans.). Indianapolis, Ind.: Hackett Publishing; 1999.
13. Takahashi M, Overton WF. Cultural Foundations of Wisdom: An Integrated Developmental Approach. In Sternberg RJ, Jordan J, editors. A handbook of wisdom: Psychological perspectives. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2005.
14. Takahashi M, Bordia P. The Concept of Wisdom: A Cross‐cultural Comparison. International Journal of Psychology, 2000; 35(1), 1-9.
15. Webster JD. Wisdom and positive psychosocial values in young adulthood. Journal of Adult Development 2010; 17(2), 70-80.
16. Webster JD. Measuring the character strength of wisdom. International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 2007; 65(2), 163-183
17. Webster JD, Taylor M, Bates G. Conceptualizing and Measuring Wisdom: A reply to Ardelt. Experimental Aging Research, 2011; 37, 356-359.
18. Costa PT, McCrae RR. Neo Five-Factor Inventory (NEO-FFI). Odessa, FL: Psychological Assessment Resources; 1989.
19. Costa PT, McCrae RR. NEO-PI-R Professional manual. Revised NEO Personality Inventory (NEO-PIR) and NEO Five Factor Inventory (NEO-FFI). Odessa, FL: Psychological Assessment Resources; 1992.
20. Lodhi PH, Deo S, Belhekar, Vivek M, McCrae RR. The Five-Factor model of personality across cultures. In Alik J, editor (Ed.), International and Cultural Psychology Series. New York, NY, US: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers; 2002.
21. Ogier-Price AJ. Can happiness be taught? The effects on subjective wellbeing of attending a course in positive psychology that includes the practice of multiple interventions. (Master’s thesis). University of Canterburry, Christchurch, New Zealand; 2008.
22. Licht MH. Multiple regression and correlation. In Grimm GG, Yarnold PR, editors, Reading and understanding multivariate statistics. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 1996
23. Zhang X, Fung HH, Stanley JT, Isaacowitz DM, Ho MY. Perspective taking in older age revisited: A motivational perspective. Developmental Psychology, 2013; 49(10), 1848-1858.
24. Reed PG. Theory of self-transcendence. Middle range theory for nursing, 2009; 3, 105-129.
25. Staudinger UM, Lopez DF, Baltes PB. The psychometric location of wisdom-related performance: Intelligence, personality, and more?. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 1997; 23(11), 1200-1214.
26. Daahlsgaard K, Peterson C, Seligman MEP. Shared Virtue: The convergence of valued human strengths across culture and history. Review of General Psychology 2005; 9, 203–213.
27. Livingstone KM, Castro VL, Isaacowitz DM. Age differences in beliefs about emotion regulation strategies. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B; 2018.
28. Mitchell L. An Exploration of Wisdom in Mid-to Older-Aged Adults: An Australian Context. (Doctoral thesis). University of Queensland, Australia; 2016.
29. Hollingworth L, Sánchez-Escobedo P, Graudina L, Misiuniene J, Park K. Gender Differences on the Concept of Wisdom: An International Comparison. Gifted and Talented International, 2013; 28(2), 219-225.
30. Lawn RB, Slemp GR, Vella-Brodrick DA. Quiet Flourishing: The Authenticity and Well-Being of Trait Introverts Living in the West Depends on Extraversion-Deficit Beliefs. Journal of Happiness Studies, 2019; 20(7), 2055-2075.
31. Soto CJ, John OP, Gosling SD, Potter J. Age differences in personality traits from 10 to 65: Big Five domains and facets in a large cross-sectional sample. Journal of personality and social psychology, 2011; 100(2), 330-348.
32. Wink P, Staudinger UM. Wisdom and psychosocial functioning in later life. Journal of Personality, 2016; 84(3), 306-318.
33. Schwartz B, Sharpe KE. Practical wisdom: Aristotle meets positive psychology. Journal of Happiness Studies, 2005; 7(3), 377-395.
34. Ardelt M. Can wisdom and psychosocial growth be learned in university courses? Journal of moral education, 2020; 49(1), 31-45.
35. Aghayousefi A. The relationship between egocentrism and early maladaptive schemas with personal well being in students. International Journal of Behavioral Sciences, 2014; 8(3): 253-262.