1. Berardelli I CV, Hawkins M, Comparelli A, Erbuto D, Pompili M. Lifestyle Interventions and Prevention of Suicide. Front Psychiatry. 2018;9:567.
2. Szubert Z SW. Accidents and their health effects in firemen of rescue and firefighting teams. Med Pr. 2000;51(2):97-105.
3. Akbari Zardkhaneh S JS. Relationship of suicide with personality characteristics and life events. International Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 2009;3(2):151-7.
4. Ashouri A HM. Relationship between suicidal ideation and personality in substance abusers. International Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 2009;3(3):249-55.
5. Stanley IH HM, Joiner TE. A systematic review of suicidal thoughts and behaviors among police officers, firefighters, EMTs, and paramedics Clinical psychology review. 2016;44:25-44.
6. Duran F WJ, Bishopp D. An Interview Study of the Experiences of Firefighters in Regard to Psychological Contract and Stressors. Employ Respons Rights J. 2018;30:203-26.
7. J D. Suicide Rates Are Growing Among Firefighters. 2016.
8. Henderson SN VHV, LeDuc TJ, Couwels J. Firefighter suicide: Understanding cultural challenges for mental health professionals. Professional psychology: research and practice. 2016;47(3):224.
9. Barzilay S FD, Snir A, Apter A, Carli V, Hoven C W. The interpersonal theory of suicide and adolescent suicidal behavior. Journal of affective disorders. 2015;183:68-74.
10. Christensen H BP, Soubelet A, Mackinnon AJ. A test of the Interpersonal Theory of Suicide in a large community-based cohort. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2013;144(3):225-34.
11. Cukrowicz KC JD, Graham RD, Poindexter EK, Williams RB. Suicide risk in older adults: Evaluating models of risk and predicting excess zeros in a primary care sample. Journal of abnormal psychology. 2013;122(4):1021.
12. Chu C B-SJ, Hom MA, Stanley IH, Joiner TE Jr. A test of the interpersonal theory of suicide in a large sample of current firefighters. Psychiatry Res. 2016;240:26-33.
13. Mikulincer M SP. An attachment perspective on psychopathology. World Psychiatry. 2012;11(1):5-11.
14. Chu C B-SJ, Stanley IH, Hom MA, Tucker RP, Hagan CR, Rogers ML, Podlogar MC, Chiurliza B, Ringer FB, Michaels MS, Patros CHG, Joiner TE. The interpersonal theory of suicide: A systematic review and meta-analysis of a decade of cross-national research. Psychol Bull. 2017;143(12):1313-45.
15. King JD HS, Hughes JL, Eaddy M, Kennard BD, Emslie GJ, Stewart SM. The Interpersonal–Psychological Theory of Suicide in Adolescents: A Preliminary Report of Changes Following Treatment. Suicide and life-threatening behavior 2017.
16. D M. Testing the Interpersonal Theory of Suicide in Community-Residing Older Adults. 2016.
17. Stanley H MA, Gallyer J, Gray S, Joiner. E. Suicidal behaviors among American Indian/Alaska native firefighters: evidence for the role of painful and provocative events. Transcultural psychiatry. 2019.
18. Streeb D BC, Maxifield M, Gavett B. The capability for suicide in firefighters.A thesis submitted to graduate faculity of the university of Colorado springs in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degtee of master of arts. Department of psychology 2016.
19. Mitchell SM BS, Roush JF, Tucker RP, Cukrowicz KC, Joiner TE. The Interpersonal Needs Questionnaire: Statistical Considerations for Improved Clinical Application. Assessment. 2019;Epub ahead of print.
20. Ribeiro JD WT, Van Orden KA, Selby EA, Gordon KH, Bender TW, Joiner Jr TE. Fearlessness about death: The psychometric properties and construct validity of the revision to the Acquired Capability for Suicide Scale. Psychological assessment. 2014;26(1):115.
21. Metalsky GI JT. The hopelessness depression symptom questionnaire. Cognitive Therapy and Research. 1997;21(3):359-84.
22. Gunn J LD. hwarted belonging and perceived burdensomeness: An investigation of the interpersonal theory of suicide. Clinical Neuropsychiatry. 2013;9(6):221-4.
23. JE E. Examining the Relationships between Suicidal Ideation, Substance Use, Depressive Symptoms, and Educational Factors in Emerging Adulthood (Doctoral dissertation) 2014.
24. Silva A HR, Rogers L, Chiurliza B, Podlogar C, Tzoneva M, Lim C, Joiner E. Evidence for the propositions of the interpersonal theory of suicide among a military sample. Clinical psychology review. 2016;73(6):669-80.