1. Johnson K. USA Today; For Many of USA’s Inmates, Crime Runs in the Family2009.
2. Van Goozen SH, Fairchild G, Snoek H, Harold GT. The evidence for a neurobiological model of childhood antisocial behavior. Psychological bulletin. 2007;133(1):149 –82.
3. Darden C, Ginter E. Life-skills development scale-adolescent form: The theoretical and therapeutic relevance of life. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. 1996;18(2):142-63.
4. Vonsik P. Reducing Juvenile Delinquency through Enhanced Life Skills Institute Institute for Court Management Court Executive Development Program Phase III Project. South Dakota: Chief Court Services Officer 2nd Circuit Judicial Court South Dakota Unified Judicial System Sioux Falls; 2010.
5. Mardanshahi MM. The role of life skills training on happiness and entrepreneurship characteristics of incoming students in Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University students. International journal of agriculture and crop sciences. 2015;8(3):406-11.
6. Bühler A, Schröder E, Silbereisen RK. The role of life skills promotion in substance abuse prevention: a mediation analysis. Health education research. 2008;23(4):621-32.
7. Mohammadkhani S, Hahtami M. The effectiveness of life skills training on happiness, quality of life and emotion regulation. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2011;30:407-11.
8. Ebright PR, Lyon B, editors. Understanding hope and factors that enhance hope in women with breast cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum-Oncology Nursing Society; 2002: [Pittsburgh, PA, etc.] Oncology Nursing Society.
9. Nickerson AB, Brock SE, Chang Y, O'malley MD. Responding to children victimized by their peers. Journal of School Violence. 2006;5(3):19-32.
10. Baghaei-Moghadam G. The effectiveness of life skills training on anxiety, happiness and anger control of adolescence with physical-motor disability. International Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 2012;5(4):305-10.
11. Erozkan A. The attachment styles bases of loneliness and depression. International Journal of Psychology and Counselling. 2011;3(9):186-93.
12. Rutter PA, Behrendt AE. Adolescent suicide risk: Four psychosocial factors. Adolescence. 2004;39(154):295-303.
13. Lai Kwok SY, Shek DT. Hopelessness, parent-adolescent communication, and suicidal ideation among Chinese adolescents in Hong Kong. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior. 2010;40(3):224-33.
14. Bolland JM, McCallum DM, Lian B, Bailey CJ, Rowan P. Hopelessness and violence among inner-city youths. Maternal and child health journal. 2001;5(4):237-44.
15. Baran M, Baran M, Maskan A. A study on adolescent students’ levels of hopelessness, loneliness and self-esteem: A sample from Turkey. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences. 2015;6(2 S1):341.
16. Jordaan J, Beukes R, Esterhuyse K. The development and evaluation of a life skills programme for young adult offenders. International journal of offender therapy and comparative criminology. 2018;62(10):3077-96.
17. Grewal PK, Porter JE. Hope theory: A framework for understanding suicidal action. Death studies. 2007;31(2):131-54.
18. Snyder CR, Harris C, Anderson JR, Holleran SA, Irving LM, Sigmon ST, et al. The will and the ways: development and validation of an individual-differences measure of hope. Journal of personality and social psychology. 1991;60(4):570.
19. Högnäs RS, Almquist YB, Modin B. Adolescent social isolation and premature mortality in a Swedish birth cohort. Journal of Population Research. 2020;37(1):1-23.
20. Yadav P, Iqbal N. Impact of life skill training on self-esteem, adjustment and empathy among adolescents. Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology. 2009;35(10):61-70.
21. Soleymani E. Effectiveness of life skills training on adaptation and impulsivity (inattention, motor, and disorganization) in bullying students. Journal of school psychology. 2018;6(4):45-69.
22. Williams C, McClay C-A, Martinez R, Morrison J, Haig C, Jones R, et al. Online CBT life skills programme for low mood and anxiety: study protocol for a pilot randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2016;17(1):1-7.
23. Pandey N. Awareness of Life Skills for Job Sustainability amongst Management Students. Tirpude’s National Journal of Business Research. 2013;4(1):2319-5576.
24. Hajiamini Z. The effect of life skills training on emotional reactions in adolescents. International Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 2008;2(3):263-9.
25. De Ruigh E, Popma A, Twisk J, Wiers R, Van der Baan H, Vermeiren R, et al. Predicting quality of life during and post detention in incarcerated juveniles. Quality of Life Research. 2019;28(7):1813-23.