1. Larson JS. The World Health Organization's definition of health: Social versus spiritual health. Social Indicators Research. 1996;38(2):181-92.
2. Charlier P, Coppens Y, Malaurie J, Brun L, Kepanga M, Hoang-Opermann V, et al. A new definition of health? An open letter of autochthonous peoples and medical anthropologists to the WHO. European journal of internal medicine. 2017;37:33-7.
3. Amundsen DW. Medicine, society, and faith in the ancient and medieval worlds. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press; 1996.
4. World Health Organization. Spiritual health is important, say our readers. WHO Chron. 1979;33(1):29-30.
5. Krebs K. Complementary Healthcare Practices: The Spiritual Aspect of Caring: An Integral Part of Health and Healing. Gastroenterol Nurs. 2003;26(5):212-4.
6. Sadat Hoseini AS, Panah AK, Alhani F. The concept analysis of health based on islamic sources: intellectual health. International journal of nursing knowledge. 2015;26(3):113-20.
7. Salarifar MR, Azarbayjani M, Rahiminejad A. Theoretical measures of religious. Theoretical and psychometrics scale religious selected conference papers. Tehran: Seminiary and university publication. 2005.
8. Getz FM. Review of the book Medicine, Society, and Faith in the Ancient and Medieval Worlds. Bulletin of the History of Medicine. 1997;71(2): 335-6.
9. Farshadnia E, Koochakzaei M, Borji M, Khorrami Z, Memaryan N. Spiritual Health as a Predictor of Social and General Health in University Students? A Study in Iran. Pastoral Psychol. 2018;67(5):493-504.
10. Jafari poor H, Borji M, Borji M, Moslemi A. The Relationship Between Spiritual Well-Being and Quality Of Life and Optimism on the Staff of Arak University of Medical Science. Health, Spirituality and Medical Ethics. 2016;3(2):8-15.
11. Farshadnia E, Memaryan N, Asgharnejad Farid AA, Bolhari J. Who can provide spiritual counseling? A qualitative study from Iran. Indian J Palliat Care. 2018;24(4):517-25.
12. Borji M, Memaryan N, Khorrami Z, Farshadnia E, Sadighpour M. Spiritual Health and Resilience Among University Students: the Mediating Role of Self-Esteem. Pastoral Psychol. 2019: doi.org/10.1007/s11089-019-00889-y.
13. Maddah Z, Elahi T, Fathi-Ashtiani A. Explanation of psychological well-being in students based on spirituality and resiliency. J Behav Sci.2014;7(4):355-61.
14. Mohammadi M, Alavi M, Bahrami M, Zandieh Z. Assessment of the Relationship between Spiritual and Social Health and the Self-Care Ability of Elderly People Referred to Community Health Centers. Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research. 2017;22(6):471-5.
15. Amiri P, Abbasi M, Gharibzadeh S, Asghari Jafarabadi M, Hamzavi Zarghani N, Azizi F. Designation and psychometric assessment of a comprehensive spiritual health questionnaire for Iranian populations. medical ethics journal. 2014;8(30):25-56.
16. Dhar N, Chaturvedi SK, Nandan D. Spiritual health scale 2011: Defining and measuring 4th dimension of health. Indian J Community Med. 2011;36(4):275‑82.
17. Mesbah M. Islamic approach to spiritual health. First ed. Tehran: Hoghooghi Pub; 2013.
18. Ziapour A, Khatony A, Jafari F, Kianipour N. Prediction of the Dimensions of the Spiritual Well-Being of Students at Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, Iran: The Roles of Demographic Variables. J Clin Diagn Res. 2017;11(7):VC05-VC09.
19. Sen S, Pal D, Hazra S, Pandey GK. Spiritual health of students in government medical colleges of Kolkata and their coping skills in a crisis situation. Indian journal of public health. 2015;59(3):196-203.
20. Rahimi N. Nouhi E, Nakhaee N. Spiritual Well-being and Attitude toward Spirituality and Spiritual Care in Nursing and Midwifery Students. Iran Journal of Nursing (IJN). 2013;26(85):55-65.
21. Hsiao YC, Chiang HY, Chien LY. An exploration of the status of spiritual health among nursing students in Taiwan. Nurse education today. 2010;30(5):386-92.
22. Akturk S, Akturk U. Determining the spiritual well-being of patients with spinal cord injury. The journal of spinal cord medicine. 2018:1-8: doi.org/10.1080/10790268.2018.1490875.
24. Borji M, Malek M, Azammi M, Bastami MR, Aazammi S. Evaluation of Spiritual Health Status and Its Relationship with Demographic Characteristics of Hemodialysis Patients. Religion and Health. 2015;3(2):1-8.
25. Khalili F, Sum S, Asayesh H. Spiritual Health Among Isfehanian Elderly People. Iranian Journal of Ageing. 2013;8(1):16-23.
23. Soleimani MA, Pahlevan Sharif S, Yaghoobzadeh A, Sheikhi MR, Panarello B, Mar Win MT. Spiritual well-being and moral distress among Iranian nurses. Nursing ethics. 2016: doi.org/10.1177/0969733016650993.
26. Khiyali Z, Jafarzadeh S, Aleosfoor M. The Spiritual Health among Paramedical Students studying in Fasa University of Medical Sciences. Med History J. 2017;29(8):119-37.
27. Suara E, Mardiyono M, Anggorowati A. Relationship between demographic characteristics and spiritual wellbeing among cancer survivors. 2017;3(4):405-11.
28. Mostafazadeh F, Asadzadeh F. Spiritual Health of Midwifery Students. Journal of Health and Care. 2012;14(1&2):55-60.
29. Jafari E, Dehshiri GR, Eskandari H, Najafi M, Heshmati R, Hoseinifar J. Spiritual well-being and mental health in university students. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2010;5:1477-81.
30. Mousavi Moghadam SR, Esmaeil Chegeni M., Ashrafi Hafez A. Explore the relationship among spiritual health, marital satisfaction, and demographic characteristics(age, duration of marriage, duration of employment) in Mafi hospital nurses of Susa city(2015). Journal of Reaserch on Religion & Health. 2015;1(4):38-44.
31. Allahbakhshian M, Jaffarpour M, Parvizy S, Haghani H. A Survey on relationship between spiritual wellbeing and quality of life in multiple sclerosis patients. Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2010;12(3):29-33.
32. WHOQOL SRPB Group. A cross-cultural study of spirituality, religion, and personal beliefs as components of quality of life. Social Science & Medicine. 2006;62(6):1486-97.
33. Levin JS, Taylor RJ, Chatters LM. Race and gender differences in religiosity among older adults: findings from four national surveys. Journal of gerontology. 1994;49(3):S137-45.
34. Abolmaali KH,Mojtabaie M, Rahimi N. Prediction of marital satisfaction based on social problem-solving skills and spiritual intelligence among married people. J Behav Sci. 2013;7(2):117-24.
35. Satkin M, Fathi-Ashtiani A, Ghahvehchi-Hosseini F, Allahverdi S. Prediction of marital satisfaction via emotional and spiritual intelligence. J Behav Sci. 2014;8(1):29-35.
36. Robards J, Evandrou M, Falkingham J, Vlachantoni A. Marital status, health and mortality. Maturitas. 2012;73(4):295-9.
37. Rohde GE, Young T, Winstanley J, Arraras JI, Black K, Boyle F, et al. Associations between sex, age and spiritual well‐being scores on the EORTC QLQ‐SWB32 for patients receiving palliative care for cancer: A further analysis of data from an international validation study. European journal of cancer care. 2019;28(6):e13145.
38. Fowler JW, Levin RW. Stages of Faith: The Psychology of Human Development and the Quest for Meaning. International Journal for Philosophy of Religion. 1984;15(1):89-92.
39. Lavretsky H. spirituality and aging. aging health. 2010;6(6):749-69.
40. Hojjati H, Qorbani M, Nazari R, Sharifnia H, Akhondzadeh G. On the relationship between prayer frequency and spiritual health in patients under hemodialysistherapy. Journal of Fundamentals of Mental Health. 2010;12(2):514-21.