1. Refahi Zh, Moghtaderi N. The effectiveness of empathy skill training
to the group on increasing intimacy couples. Family Counseling and
Psychotherapy. University of Kurdistan 2013; 3 (1): 44-56 (Persian)
2. Madani Y, Lavasani M. Proposing an integrated model of emotional
focused approach and Gottman’s model and its effectiveness on
quality of marital relationship in married women. Journal of Applied
Psychological research. 2017; 7(4): 73-88 (Persian)
3. Nelson O, Salawu A. Can my wife be virtual- adulterous? An
experiential study on Facebook, emotional infidelity and selfdisclosure.
Journal of International Women’s Studies.
4. Mahmudi MJ, Zahrakar K, Amirian A, Davarniya R, Babaei
Gharmkhani M. The effect of group training of practical application
of intimate relationship skills (pairs) program on enhancing marital
satisfaction, adjustment, positive feelings and intimacy of couples.
Journal of Urmia Nursing and Midwifery Faculty. 2016; 13 (10):
5. Torfi Amidpur SH, Attari Y, Hamid N. The effectiveness of training
of communication skills based on cognitive-behavioral approach on
marital intimacy and marital conflicts among couples of Ahwaz.
Jundishapur Scientific Medical Journal. 2015; 14 (2): 223-229
6. Dandurand C, Lafontaine MS. Intimacy and couple satisfaction:
the moderating role of romantic attachment. International
Journal of Psychological Studies. 2013; 5(1): 74-90.
7. Heydarnia A, Nazari A, Soleimanian A. The effectiveness of
prevention and relationship enhancement program (PREP) on
marital intimacy. Clinical Psychology Studies. 2015; 4 (1): 61-78
8. Phillips TM, Wilmoth JD, Wall SK, Peterson DJ, Buckley R, Phillips
LE. Recollected parental care and fear of intimacy in emerging
adults. The Family Journal. 2013; 21(3): 335-341
9. Falahzade H, Sanai Zaker B, Farzad V. A study on the
effectiveness of emotionally focused couple therapy and
integrated systemic couple therapy on reducing intimacy anxiety.
Journal of Family Research. 2013; 8 (4) (Persian)
10. Nabatriz H. The effect of attachment-based couple therapy on the fear
of intimacy and forgiveness of married couples in Tehran.
[Dissertation]. [Tehran]: Payam-e-Noor University; 2013. 150 p
11. Besharat M. The relationship between fear of intimacy and marital
satisfaction in a sample of Iranian couples: moderating role of
attachment styles. Journal of Applied Counseling. 2012; 2 (2): 1-18
12. Heidari H, Karimian N, Salari S. Examination of the
relationship between fear of intimacy and identity styles and
marital commitment of married couples. Journal of Family
Research 2015; 11 (1): 73-86 (Persian)
13. Szymanski DM, Hilton AN. Fear of intimacy as a mediator of the
internalized heterosexism-relationship quality link among men in
same-sex relationships. Contemporary Family Therapy. 2013;35:
14. BenNaim Sh, Maron I, Krashin M, Gifter B, Arad K. Life with a
partner with ADHD, The moderating role of intimacy, Springer
Science + Business Media New York 2016; DOI 10.1007/s10826-
15. Vangelisti AL, Beck G. Intimacy and fear of intimacy. In L. L. Abate,
D. D. Embry, & MS. Baggett (Eds.), Handbook of low-cost
interventions to promote physical and mental health: Theory,
research, and practice (pp. 395-414). Mahwah, New Jersey:
Lawrence Erlbaum 2007.
16. Hamedi B, Shafiabadi A, NAvabinezhad Sh, Delavar A. The
effectiveness of collaborative language systems therapy on marital
intimacy in students. Counseling culture & psychotherapy 2014; 5
(18): 137-58. (Persian)
17. Descutner CJ, Thelen MH. Development and validation of a fear-ofintimacy
scale. Psychological Assessment. 1991; 3: 218–225.
18. Shadish WR, Baldwin SA. Meta-analysis of MFT interventions.
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. 2003; 29: 547–570
19. Johnson S, Greenberg LS. Emotionally focused therapy: An outcome
study. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. 1998; 11: 313-317
20. Johnson SM. Emotionally focused couples therapy for trauma
survivors: Strengthening attachment bonds. New York: Guilford
21. Etemadi A, Ahmad Barabadi H. The Effectiveness of Emotionally
Focused group Couple Therapy on Marital Satisfaction in couple
referred to Counseling Center Education District 2 Mashhad.
Research in Clinical Psychology and Counseling. 2014; 4 (1): 114-
95 (Persian) DOI: 10.22067/ijap.v4i1.15242
22. Johnson SM, Greenberg LS. Emotionally focused couples therapy:
An outcome study. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy.1985; 11:
23. Safania M, Akbari Amarghan H. The efficacy of the couple’s
emotionally focused of the group circuitry on the fear of intimacy.
4th National Conference on Mental Health and well-being. Islamic
Azad University Quchan Branch. 2016, (Persian)
24. Zuccarini D, Johnson SM, Dalgeish TL, Makinen JA. Forgiveness
and reconciliation in emotionally focused therapy for couples: the
client change process and therapist interventions. Journal of Marital
Family Therapy. 2013; 39(2): 148-62.
25. Ghaderi Z. The effect of emotion focused method training approach
on marital intimacy. Journal Articles Knowledge and Research in
Applied Psychology. 2015; 16 (2): 77-83 (Persian)
26. Khojasteh Mehr R, Shiralinia Kh, Rajabi Gh, Beshlideh K. The
effects of emotion-focused couple therapy on depression symptoms
reduction and enhancing emotional regulation in distressed couples .
Journal of Applied Counseling. 2013; 3 (1): 1-18 (Persian)
27. Dessaullesa A, Johnsona SM, Denton WH. Emotion-focused therapy
for couples in the treatment of depression: A pilot study. American
Journal of Family Therapy. 2003; 31(5): 345-353.
28. Aarts J, Huppelschoten A, Van Empel I, Boivin J, Verhaak C, Kremer
J & et al. How patient-centered care relates to patients’ quality of
life and distress: a study in 427 women experiencing infertility.
Human Reproduction. 2012; 27 (2): 488-495
29. Denton WH, Wittenborn AK, Golden RN. Augmenting
antidepressant medication treatment of depressed women with
emotionally focused therapy for couples: A randomized pilot study.
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. 2012; 38 (1): 23-38.
30. Mohammadi M, Zahrakar K, Jahangiri J, Davarniya R, Shakarami M,
Morshedi. Assessing the efficiency of education intervention based
on Gottman’s model on marital intimacy of women. Journal of
Health of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences. 2017; 8 (1): 74-
31. Mahrumi F, Kimiaee A, Hasanabadi H. Assessing the effectiveness
of Gottman method couple therapy on relational believes and
patterns of distressed student couples [dissertation]. [Mashhad]:
Ferdowsi University of Mashhad; 2012: 149p.
32. Gottman J, Silver N. The seven principles for making marriage work.
Translated by Vahid Iman. Nasle now Andish Publication 2010:
33. Khazani S. The effectiveness of marital skills training based on
Gottman model on marital adaptation and communication beliefs
[Dissertation]. [Tehran]: Shahid Beheshti University; 2015. 95p.
34. Gottman JM. What predicts divorce? The relationship between
marital processes and marital outcomes. Hillsdale,NJ: Lawrence
Erlbaum Associates; 1994.
35. Sakizade F, Kianoosh Z, Sanaei zaker B, Ahmadi M.
Effectiveness of martial skills training based on Guttmann model
on the marital happiness. Journal of counseling research. 2015;
13 (52): 37-51 (Persian)
36. Brand CE. An initial qualitative exploration of Gottman’s couples
research: A workshop from the participants’ perspective.
[Dissertation]. Florida State University; 2012.74-77p.
37. Barzegar M, Kimiaee A, Asghari Ebrahimabad M. The survey of
relationship between marital distress, fear of intimacy and self-steem
in married women and effect of group therapy method of Gottman
on these factors [dissertation]. [Mashhad]: Ferdowsi University of
Mashhad; 2015. 120p.
38.Sepehri S. The effectiveness of group training on structural therapy
with emotionally focused therapy on perfectionism and defending
Jalali et al.
83 Int J Behav Sci Vol.12, No.2, Summer 2018
styles of married women with fear of intimacy. [Dissertation].
[Mashhad]: Ferdowsi University; 2014. 115p
39. Babcock JC, Gottman JM, Ryan KD, Gottman JS, A component
analysis of a brief psycho-educational couples’ workshop: oneyear
follow-up results. Journal of Family Therapy. 2017; 35(3):
40. Havassi N, Zahraka K, Mohsenzadeh F. Comparing the efficacy of
emotion focused couple therapy and Gottman couple therapy
method in marital burnout and changing conflict resolution styles.
Journal of Fundamentals of Mental Health. Mashhad University of
Medical Sciences 2018; 20 (1): 14-22 (Persian)
41. Sherman MD, Thelen MH. Fear of intimacy scale: validation and
extension with adolescents. Journal of Social and Personal
Relationships. 1996; 13: 507-521.
42. Fallahzade H. Investigation and comparison of the effect of
emotionally couple therapy and compulsory system couple therapy
on attachment damage and couple intimacy anxiety. [Dissertation].
[Tehran]. Tarbiat Moalem University; 2010. 311p.
43. Taghavi N. Relationship between attachment styles, selfdifferentiation
and lack of father with marital intimacy of women.
[Dissertation]. [Mashhad]: Ferdowsi University of Mashhad; 2012.
44. Bornah M. Comparing the efficacy of group therapy coupled with
emotionally focused approach to therapeutic reality on marital
satisfaction, emotional intelligence, and mental health of couples.
[Dissertation]. [Mashhad]: Ferdowsi University of Mashhad; 2013.
45. Asadpour I, Nazari A, Sanai Zaker B, Shaghaghi Sh. An investigation
of effectiveness of the emotionally focused couple therapy on
increasing marital intimacy among couples entered at counseling
centers in Tehran. Research in Clinical Psychology and Counseling.
2012; 2 (1):25-38 (Persian) DOI: 10.22067/ijap.v2i1.8282
46. Keshtkar Z. Comparative study of emotional-couple therapy coupled
with practical training of sincere communication skills in reducing
couples domestic violence in Mashhad. [Dissertation]. [Mashhad]:
Ferdowsi University of Mashhad; 2012. 165p.
47. Dandeneau M, Johnson SM. Facilitating intimacy: a comparative
outcome study of emotionally focused and cognitive interventions.
Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. 1994; 20: 17-33.
48. Makinen JA, Johnson SM. Resolving attachment injuries in
couples using emotionally focused therapy: Steps toward
forgiveness and reconciliation. Journal of Consulting and
Clinical Psychology. 2006: 74(6): 1055-1064.
49. Kazemian Z, Zadehbaghri Gh, Bahmani N, Khalili Sh, Zahedbaghri
L, Abalfath M. The efficacy of self-regulation couple therapy on
marital intimacy among infertile women. Armaghan-e-Danesh.
Yasuj University of Medical Sciences. 2013; 18 (5): 9-21 (Persian)
50. Ebrahimi P, Sanaei Zaker B, Nazari A. Effectiveness of training
relationship enhancement program on increasing intimacy among
dual-career couples. Scientific Journal of Kurdistan University of
medical Sciences 2010; 14 (4): 3 (Persian)
51. Nayeri A, Lotfi L, Noorani M. The effectiveness of group training of
transactional analysis on intimacy in couple. Social and behavior
sciences. 2014; 152 (7): 1167-70 (Persian)